Unity Tutorial 04

 Unity Tutorial 04

Unity 3D, source: Shutterstock


Lesson 2.4 "Collision Decisions"

For this tutorial we picked up where we left off from our Unity Tutorial 03. In the previous tutorial we got as far as constructing the movement of our player, our animals and also the food. In 04 we made our game playable to the user.

  • I made my animals spawn automatically in this tutorial.
By using a timing system they now spawn randomly.
  • I made my food object collide with the oncoming animal, making them disappear or "delete" from the screen.
By giving our projectile and our animals "Collider" component's.
  • I learned how to write a brand new method: SpawnRandomAnimal {...}.

Challenge 2 & Quiz Play Fetch

This challenge we had to fixed the "bugs" in the unity game. Given a list of the things we had to fix.
This challenge was overwhelming at first but I took it step by step.

 I had to make sure the balls were only destroyed when coming into contact with the dog. 
I had to make sure the balls were spawning instead of the dogs at the top of the screen.

  •  I fixed this problem by switching out the dog with balls in our balls prefabs in the spawn manager.
I also need to fix what the player spawns. He is spawning the balls rather than the dogs.
  • I fixed this problem by dragging the dog component to the player rather than the ball component.
I need to destroy the objects when they are not in the screen anymore.
  • I fixed this problem by making an if-statement to check whenever they go beyond a certain value that they are destroyed.
Overall, I had fun trying to figure out how to solve these "bugs". My previous experience from Unity Tutorial 03 helped a lot.

Lesson 3.1 "Jump Force"

For this lesson we have to make our player jump using the spacebar. First I picked my player and my background. I chose to use a construction worker who has to jumper over barrels in a town. I kept it with the theme of 'construction' in some form of way.

I really enjoyed this lesson as it gave us a different type of game. We have had to avoid objects and destroy object in other tutorials but for this one we had to jump over the objects.

Looking forward to future projects!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Introduction to Linda's Life!

Game Brainstorm