Unity Tutorial 07

 Unity Tutorials

Unit 4 - Gameplay Mechanics(Sumo Battle Prototype)

For this tutorial I was excited as it was similar to my own game design. I found this tutorial really helpful to see the different ways of moving your player around, I had to move the camera for my ball to go in that certain direction in this tutorial which was an interesting way. I was thinking of going back to my own game design and seeing if that code could potentially work but the more I thought about it, it would make guiding the ball harder for my game.

I loved how we made the platform "Spin", well we really made the camera spin...Illusions!. I also loved the particle effects added to the game tutorial.

Roll a Ball

After the first tutorial I decided to see if there was anymore Unity tutorials I could follow along that were more specific to my own game as I actually wanted to change my code for rolling a ball, to make it easy in the long run. I found the holy grail of tutorials, "Roll a Ball". I followed it on YouTube as it was easier to watch on my phone while doing my own game on my laptop.

This tutorial gave me the basics of a roll a ball game, and I decided to start again as I wanted to see a series of videos that showed me what to do from start to finish instead of picking random videos and trying to piece them together. These videos really gave me the confidence for my own game and are being used for my game as we speak!.

Game Screenshots


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Introduction to Linda's Life!

Game Brainstorm