Learning Challenge: Learn About Sleep

Learn about sleep.

Sleep deprivation facts, source: Shutterstock


The article I decided to read was "How sleep deprivation decays the mind" by Seth Maxon. I really enjoyed reading this article, it has defiantly opened my eyes to the serious health risk not sleeping for a long period of time can cause. 

I personally never thought that deeply into how bad it can be to your mind AND body...(guilty). I have heard many of the stories of people carrying out experiments and making themselves fight the sleepiness and staying awake over 72 hours. They experience almost like a drug trip, Seth referred to this that people actually thought HE was on LSD...You can experience hallucination's, you can dive back into your past and the thoughts you had when you were 10 years old...

What I never knew about sleep deprivation was that is can have serious affects to your immune system. When you really stop and think it does make sense but I never have. This makes me a lot more conscious if I want to pull all nighter to jam in college work, I think going to sleep earlier and then waking up earlier is the way to go.

Another interesting thing I read in this article that you need sleep so your body can regulate your temperature. I always did wonder why I got so cold when I tried fighting sleep some nights if I was out with friends...

Sleep deprivation can cause your mind to almost wilt away as you are not feeding it. This can have such negative effects on work life, college life and your social life. You can cause yourself to be depressed or even can develop Bipolar disorder ( according to studies taking in 2003). Some people may not even realise that they are not getting enough sleep! People are so busy nowadays we really do put aside are basic human needs for less important things. This article has made me want to explore more into learning about sleep and how to maybe try develop a good sleeping routine as I am a college student after all, I need my beauty sleep...

Comments

  1. Hi Linda, It's crazy how basic we think sleep is, but actually, when looked into, has so many benefits and factors and just shows you how important it is for the human body. I enjoyed reading this post and actually learned a few facts for myself and it makes me want to fix my sleep schedule, not going to lie haha. I enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Introduction to Linda's Life!

Game Brainstorm